Milbon Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as "Milbon") may receive personal information from customers for a variety of situations, such as for the purpose of collecting customer requests, compiling statistical data, providing information and operating seminars, researching and developing products, sending products and informational materials, recruiting, managing personnel, and operating services provided. Milbon will make every effort to handle personal information appropriately so that customers can use Milbon products and services with peace of mind.
1. Name of Business Handling Personal Information and Personal Information Protection Manager
Milbon Co., Ltd., 2-2-1 Kyobashi, Chuo-ku, Tokyo; Executive Manager, Corporate Administration
2. Use of Personal Information
Milbon shall use customer-provided personal information, including but not limited to names, addresses, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, genders, ages (and age groups), occupations, places of work, videos, photographs, and product purchase histories strictly for the Purpose of Use. This purpose is either specified and published below or notified to customers at the time the information is collected. Milbon will not use this information for any other purpose.
Personal information regarding applicants for gift/sample campaigns and questionnaires, personal information regarding mail order customers (milbon:iD), personal information regarding participants in seminars and events hosted or co-hosted by Milbon, personal information regarding beauty school students.
- Sales, shipping, support, and response to inquiries about products, etc.
- Operation and management of services (events, seminars, campaigns, etc.), execution (including lotteries), prize presentation and delivery, support, and response to inquiries
- Research and analysis for marketing purposes, including planning of business-related measures and product development
- Improvement and enhancement products and services covered by questionnaires, etc.
Personal information regarding monitor participants and models for the purpose of product evaluation, etc.
- Making various contact for cooperation in product evaluation, etc.
- Confirmation and management of physical condition before treatment
- Payment of honorariums, preparation and management of receipts
- Cooperation with educational activities to aid product understanding among employees and business partners
- Survey and analysis of mindsets and actual conditions among consumers, etc.
Personal information regarding persons submitting inquiries, consultations, etc.
- Appropriate response to inquiries, consultations, etc.
- Improvement of services such as customer service and websites
Personal information about job applicants
- Recruitment and selection tasks
- Management of job offer recipients
- Preparation for new hires, employment management post-new hire
- Dissemination of information on recruitment activities and improvement of recruitment activities
Personal information regarding executives and employees of business partners, suppliers, and research institutions
- Provision and management of services such as education:iD and milbon:iD services
- Introduction, delivery, and provision of products, services, and event information; sales promotion; and response to inquiries
- Order processing for products and related items.
- Administrative operations and management of training trip arrangements, etc.
- Performance of obligations and exercise of rights related to transactions
- Credit management, debt management and collection related to transactions
- Collection of information necessary for business, conducting business negotiations, communication, etc.
Personal information regarding shareholders
- Exercise of rights and performance of obligations under laws and regulations
- Sending and communication of convocation notices, year-end reports, shareholder benefits, and other distributed materials
- Shareholder management in accordance with various laws and regulations
- Exploration and implementation of measures for shareholders
Personal information regarding the company's executives and employees (including their relatives), etc.
- Payment of salaries and other compensation, and various procedures for social insurance, employee benefits, etc.
- Human resource management, health management
- Contact of employees in case of emergency
- Undertaking necessary contact and management operations for business
Personal information regarding retired employees
- Payment of retirement annuities, etc.
- Contact necessary for business, such as information on alumni meetings
- Provision of information on company status
Personal information regarding persons who request disclosure of, or make complaints about, personal information
- Investigation in response to requests, complaints, etc.
- Confirmation of identity and/or status as agent
- Sending of responses and other necessary contact
Personal information related to public officials, such as those in charge of supervisory authorities, or participants and members of member organizations
- Contact and information gathering necessary for business
3. Provision to Third Parties
Milbon shall not provide or disclose a customer's personal information to any third party, except in the following cases.
- When the customer has given prior consent to the disclosure of personal information
- When it is necessary for the protection of the life, body, or property of an individual and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person in question
- When it is especially necessary to improve public health or promote the healthy growth of children and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person in question. When it is especially necessary to improve public health or promote the healthy growth of children and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person in question.
- When it is necessary to cooperate with national organs or local authorities or any other persons entrusted thereby in carrying out the affairs stipulated by laws and regulations, and obtaining the consent of the individual in question may interfere with carrying out such affairs.
- When provision is founded in laws and regulations
4. Shared Use
- Milbon shall handle the sharing of personal information regarding haircare professionals as indicated below.
- Personal information that may be shared: Names, names of hair salons at which haircare professionals work; addresses; e-mail addresses; telephone numbers; application histories and participation histories for seminars, training, and events, etc.; and Milbon product purchasing histories
- Scope of sharing: Contracted Milbon dealer of hair salons at which haircare professionals work
- Objectives of sharing
- Responding to requests and consultations from haircare professionals, and undertaking necessary contact for business
- Confirming application and participation status for seminars, training, events, etc., organized or co-organized by Milbon and taking action as necessary
- Providing appropriate products, services, event information, etc. to haircare professionals
- Contacting relevant parties regarding transactions between Milbon and Milbon dealers as necessary for business
- Administrator for shared use: Milbon Co., Ltd.
- Milbon shall handle the sharing of personal information regarding the company's executives, employees, and retired employees as indicated below.
- Personal information that may be shared: Names; employee numbers and other uniquely assigned identification numbers, assignment information, position information, and other information; names of family members, information regarding dependents, etc.; information regarding job transfers, evaluations, awards, disciplinary sanctions, etc.; information regarding wages, bonuses, etc.; health information; and other information acquired and retained for management purposes.
- Scope of sharing: Milbon subsidiaries and affiliated companies
- Objectives of sharing: Undertaking necessary contact and management operations for business
- Administrator for shared use: Milbon Co., Ltd.
5. Management of Personal Information
- Milbon takes necessary and appropriate measures to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of personal information under its management, and to ensure the accuracy of personal information.
- Milbon shall delete personal information when the Purpose of Use for which it was provided has been achieved and there is no longer need to handle this information.
6. Supervision of Contractors
Milbon may outsource the handling of personal information when necessary for business purposes, but in such cases, Milbon will exercise necessary and appropriate supervision over the contractor to ensure the safe management of the personal information.
7. Requests for Disclosure of Personal Information, Notification of the Purpose of Use, etc.
- In the event that a customer makes any of the following requests based on laws and regulations, Milbon will conduct the necessary investigation without delay after verifying the identity of the customer in question. Based on the results of its investigation, Milbon will disclose personal information, correct its content, cease its use, or cease its provision to third parties, and notify the customer to that effect. If Milbon decides not to take action based on reasonable grounds, Milbon will provide notification to that effect. However, for some of the services provided by Milbon, customers may correct their own information.
- Notification of disclosure of personal information or the Purpose of Use for personal information
- Correction, addition, or deletion of personal information content
- Ceasing use or deletion of personal information
- Ceasing provision of personal information to third parties
- Milbon shall respond to customer requests made in accordance with the preceding paragraph in accordance with the following procedures.
- Customer request method
Customers are requested to send the necessary documents and fees to the address listed in the "Contact Us" section.
- Required documents: Required Disclosure Request Form(Japanese only)[PDF]
- A document specifying the content of the request: The document should include the customer's address, name, telephone number, e-mail address, the content of the customer's request, the type of personal information for which disclosure, etc. is requested, the content of the correction, etc. or suspension of use, etc., and the grounds thereof.
- Please enclose one of the following documents to verify your identity: A copy of your driver's license, a copy of your health insurance card, a copy of your passport, or an original issue of your certificate of residence. Please note that if the request is made by an agent, the agent's identification documents and a letter of proxy from the person in question are also required.
When requesting notification or disclosure of the Purpose of Use, please enclose 500 yen in postage stamps for each request as a handling fee.
- Disclosure method
As a general rule, the information will be mailed to the customer's address indicated in (ii) above. As a general rule, the information will be mailed to the customer's address indicated in (ii) above.
- Customer request method
8. Handling of Cookies
- Cookies are files saved on the user's computer, serving to store information such as usage history and input content sent and received between the user’s browser and the server during use of a web page. If the user allows for cookies to be sent and received in their browser settings, the website can retrieve cookies from their browser. The user may choose from the following settings for sending and receiving cookies: "Allow all cookies," "Reject all cookies," and "Notify the user when a cookie is received.” Customers can disable cookies by changing their browser settings. The method for changing these settings will vary depending on the browser in use. For information on how to change the cookie settings for a given browser, please refer to the browser provider’s website. Please note that if a user chooses to reject all cookies, they may not be able to use some of the functions of this site, such as services that require authentication.
If you have any questions regarding this policy or complaints regarding the handling of personal information, please contact the following.
2-2-1, Kyobashi, Chuo-ku, Tokyo 104-0031
Legal Division, Legal and General Affairs Group, Corporate Administration, Milbon Co., Ltd.
TEL: 03-3517-3915 (+81-3-3517-3915 from outside Japan)
10. Changes to this Policy
Milbon may change the content of this policy as necessary to further improve its efforts to protect personal information or to respond to revisions in laws and regulations.
Milbon Co., Ltd.
Revised February 10, 2022
Revised May 1, 2023